Town & Village of Bolivar
- Category: Town & Village of Bolivar
BOLIVAR (1825): (Locally pronounced "Bah--lih--ver") This town was named for the great South American liberator Simon Bolivar. Just west of the present village of Bolivar lies the hamlet of Kossuth named for Louis (Lajos) Kossuth Governor of Hungry during its fight for independence and democracy (1848-1849). Formed from Friendship, February 15, 1825.
The map below is from the 2004 edition roadmaps published by the Allegany County Department of Public Works.
Click here to view larger map.