TPL_BEEZ2_NAV_VIEW_SEARCH

TPL_BEEZ2_NAVIGATION

TPL_BEEZ2_SEARCH

Town of Wellsville Related Articles

The Doty Carriage Works

Transcribed by Crist Middaugh

Allegany County Reporter, March 29, 1883

-------

The Doty Carriage Works

The Reporter some time ago announced that B. & J. Doty, the enterprising carriage manufacturers, in addition to rebuilding on the site of their works recently burned, had bought a lot of Mrs. Farnum, near the river, where they also proposed to erect a large structure for their wagon and carriage manufactory. The building on the “burned district” has been erected and is now in use.

The river lot, however, was not as large as they needed, and this week Messrs. Doty sold it to Mr. Duke. They have now purchased a one and one-half acre lot of O.L. Mather, north of the railroad track, and nearly opposite of the depot. A substantial building, 40 by 125 feet will be put up at once on this lot. The building already erected will be used as sales and ware rooms, paint, finishing and blacksmith shops, etc. When the proposed enlargements of their works are completed, Messrs. Doty will have one of the most extensive and well-arranged carriage manufactories in Western New York.

TPL_BEEZ2_ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION