TPL_BEEZ2_NAV_VIEW_SEARCH

TPL_BEEZ2_NAVIGATION

TPL_BEEZ2_SEARCH

Andover Cemeteries

FIRST CEMETERY IN THE VILLAGE OF ANDOVER

Compiled by William Greene

Information taken from “History of Allegany County 1879”

Page 188

          The first cemetery in the Village of Andover was located between what is now South Main St. and First St. across from Dyke St. The first burials in the Village of Andover were this cemetery with no name.  The first burials were around 1805, give or take a year or two.  The last was around 1825 – 26, from what was written.

          Nothing was ever written as to what happened to the grave markers that once stood there, if there were any.

         This side of the village was farm country.  Everyone lived on the north side of creek on North Main St.  This side of town wasn’t settled until around1848 when the Erie Railroad went through. Then this side of town started to grow and the old cemetery disappeared.

          Below are the names of the people that are buried there. 

 

NAME

BIRTH

DEATH

Baker, Unknown Child of Alpheus

unknown

unknown

Baker, Unknown Child of Alpheus

unknown

unknown

Baker, Unknown Child of Alpheus

unknown

unknown

Brookins, unknown child of Benjamin Brookins

unknown

1809-1817

Lovell, Mrs. Wife of ?

unknown

1825-26

Lyons, unknown man

unknown

1828-26

Strong, unknown child of Luther

unknown

unknown

Woodruff, unknown child of Joseph

unknown

unknown

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TPL_BEEZ2_ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION