Town of Grove
GROVE (1828): When first settled it was called Brewer’s Corners in 1823. Then later called Swainsville in honor of an early settler named Samuel Swain. The name Swain remains today as a hamlet. Formed from Wyoming County from the town of Nunda March 8, 1827. The name was changed to Grove April 16, 1838.
The map below is from the 2004 edition roadmaps published by the Allegany County Department of Public Works.
Click here to view larger map.
CENTENNIAL HISTORY OF THE TOWN OF NUNDA - H. Wells Hand;Chapter VII: Grove and Granger – Nunda from 1818-1827 (page 190); The Lowells of Nunda and Grove (page 138)
ALLEGANY COUNTY & ITS PEOPLE (1896) - John S. Minard -- Chapter XLVII: Grove (page 536)