Town of New Hudson & Village of Black Creek
- Category: Town of New Hudson
NEW HUDSON (1825): Originally named Haight after an early settler named General Haight donated 100 acres to the town with the stipulation his namesake remain as such. After much resentment arose in 1837, the name was changed to New Hudson, unknown why that name. The hamlet of Black Creek is the largest settlement in the town and most likely named after the appearance of its creek. Formed from Rushford April 10, 1825.
The map below is from the 2004 edition roadmaps published by the Allegany County Department of Public Works.
Click here to view larger map.