Ferry/McHenry CemeteryTown of Almond, NY
The list below was Cemetery read by John Reynolds and assisted in the field by Wayne Kellogg --1944. (Transcribed 2005 by Mary Rhodes)
This information is meant to help you in your quest for family. As with all material provided by others, you must verify using your own methods. Please report any errors you may discover (with proof of correction needed) so we can provide accuracy on the web.
This is probably the oldest cemetery in the Town of Almond. In 1944 it was in a very bad state of repair, not a stone was standing upright and unbroken. It is impossible to estimate the number of graves here. The following are only a few of the stones that could be read.
- Silas Ferry - In Memory of Silas Ferry who died May 1, 1819 in the 51st years of his age
- Jerusha Ferry – Wife first of Silas Ferry, died May 25, 1850, Aged 77 Years 9 Mo and 20 Days
- Aurelia Crandall - Wife of Oren B Crandall Died Nov 25, 1855 Aged 22 Years 7 Mo 20 Days
- Matthew McHenry - In Memory of Matthew McHenry who died Jan 8, 1813 in the 39th year of his age.
- Joseph Clan?? – In memory of Joseph Clan?? Who died May 19, 1800
- John Haynes – Son of Josiah and Maryanna Haynes Died Oct 24, 1844 aged 1 Year and 9 Months
- Josiah R Haynes – Died Nov 3, 1843 Aged 30 Years 9 Days
- Ann P. Wygant – Wife of Milo H. Wygant and Died Apr 27, 1852 Aged 28 Years (Daughter of Matthew McHenry)
- Walter Karr – Died Nov 19, 1849 Aged 81 Years 1 Mo 11 Days
- Jesse Karr – Son of S. and C. Karr (nothing further)
For additional reading: