Here you will find our latest website changes and releases. Check daily!
Most Recently Published Items........
(Click on bold text for pop-up with additional information.)
- "About Us" - Our Staff & Hours (ACHS)
- History Preservation Roundtable of Allegany County Meeting 10/23 @10:00a.m.
- 1970 - Veteran Navy Pilot Dies Off Oxnard (CA) formerly of Belmont
- "A Moment in Railroad History: Theodore Roosevelt's Presidential Special to Chautauqua, NY in 1905" (flyer) A new book released by author, Richard Palmer, describing the tour of Roosevelt to Chautauqua, passing through Allegany County.
- NEWSLETTERS RECENTLY ADDED:
The Story of Mitchell S. Blair - By Richard F. Palmer; (Note: Very little has been written about this man who played a very important role in the development and operation of the early railroads that later formed the Pittsburg, Shawmut & Northern. This article is an effort to give Mitchell S. Blair his rightful place in the history of this enterprise).
"Recollections of the Shawmut" - Story from 1937 Bolivar Breeze Article quoting memories of the 1890s
- Interesting RR Book by Richard Palmer: "A Moment in Railroad History: Theodore Roosevelt’s Presidential Special to Chautauqua, NY in 1905" Published by the Sayre Historical Society, Sayre PA.
- An oyster supper for the Scio Cornet Band took an unexpected turn in 1877. Contributed by Craig Braack.