Here you will find our latest website changes and releases. Check daily!
- "About Us" - Our Staff & Hours (ACHS) -- Recently REVISED: ACHS By-Laws -- ACHS Constitution --- ACHS Membership Application (rev.1-20-15)
Most Recently Published Items........
(Click on text for pop-up with additional information.)
- Walter E Sheriff Oct 7, 1887 – June 14, 1919
- Charles H. and Ruth M. Watson -- Friends of Nature
- How They Ran The Bradford Eldred & Cuba Narrow Gauge (Railroad in 1880s-1893)
- JONCY BRIDGE & HOW IT GOT IT'S NAME - Town of Angelica
- Obituary, Karl R. Gallman, of Belfast, N.Y. (October 22, 1968)
- "A Century of Banking in Allegany County"; PART 2; PART 3; PART 4; PART 5; PART 6; PART 7; PART 8; PART 9. John P. Herrick, oil historian of Olean, N.Y., founder of the Bolivar Breeze, and for more than 20 years a resident of Allegany County, has written a story of “A Century of Banking in Allegany County.” A personal acquaintance with the bankers and banks of the county during the past half century makes it possible for him to write a new chapter in the history of the county. The first of the installments appears here today & further weekly installments will follow.
- "Ye Olde Alleganian" Newsletters (7 issues) written by William A. Greene while he was Allegany County Historian during 1970s. FEBRUARY 1975 MAY 1975 APRIL 1976 JUN-JULY 1976 SEPTEMBER 1976 OCTOBER 1976 MAY 1978
- A History of Obi (Clarksville); 1926 Booklet published by Obi Home Bureau (also photo)
- New Veteran Story added to Alfred Veterans Page (Potter)
- The Last Buffalo & Susquehanna Steamer
- A Little Boy Long Forgotten; Burial notice discovered in old Newspaper, Hillside Cemetery, Andover NY (SWAIN)
- Humphrey Conrad Family- Civil War Period Letters
- Nancy A. Howe Auditorium Schedule (FEBRUARY-APRIL 2015)
- Civil War Letters of Rufus Alonzo Cady
- Allegany County Centennial Celebration - 1895; by William A. Greene
- 1970 - Veteran Navy Pilot Dies Off Oxnard (CA) formerly of Belmont
- "A Moment in Railroad History: Theodore Roosevelt's Presidential Special to Chautauqua, NY in 1905" (flyer) A new book released by author, Richard Palmer, describing the tour of Roosevelt to Chautauqua, passing through Allegany County.
- NEWSLETTERS RECENTLY ADDED:
- Almond Historical Society - October-December
- Richburg-Wirt Historical Society - MARCH 2015 Issue
- Thelma Rogers Genealogical & Historical Society - MARCH 2015 Issue
- Bakers Bridge Historical Association - APRIL 2015 ISSUE
- PIONEER OIL Museum - Spring 2015 Newsletter
- Allegany County Historical Society (ACHS) 1st Qtr Issue