SPECIAL NOTICE: The ACHS office & Research Center has re-opened from 9 A.M. to 3 P.M. on Tuesdays & Thursdays or by appointment-- at our new location, 11 East Greenwood Street; Andover NY 14895. Keep watch for our new Museum later this year.....for now, our second floor office is ready to Welcome You!!
On this page below you will find our latest website changes and releases. Check daily!
- "About Us" - Our Staff & Hours (ACHS) -- ACHS Constitution & By-Laws --- ACHS Membership Application (rev.1-2-16)
Recently Added NEWSLETTERS from around the county....
Ø County Historical Society-NEWSLETTER PAGE
Most Recently Published Items........ and catalog list of hundreds of "articles" published on this website.... just click the item and it will appear!
(Click on text for pop-up with additional information.
- Richburg-Wirt Historical Society: "NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM", Nov. 4th (details); & Last Meeting of the Year 2016 - Nov 7th
- Andover historical Society Monthly Meeting & Program....(click) 10/26....details
- Thelma Rogers Genealogical & Historical Society November 2016 Newsletter
- History Preservation Roundtable of Allegany County Meeting October 27th
- New Listing: Black Creek Cemetery, Town of New Hudson. A-C / D-H / I-M / N-S / T-Z
- Eliza Wood, 1st white female born in the Town of Independence
- Obituaries: Jeremiah Clarke (1825-1914); Henry Bullard (1820-1914); Harriet Mills (1861-1926); A. Elizabeth (Rhinevault) Herrick (1839-1914)
- Obituaries: Fred H. Roberts (d.1907); Olivia Karr Dimmick (d.1914); James McGinty (d.1914)
- Seneca Oil Spring Reservation
- Cole-Dike Cemetery Historical Roadside Sign Dedication - Elm Valley, Town of Andover NY
- First Independence Town Meeting in 1821 is recalled
- Obituaries: Ethel Clair Kemp (1895-1950); Mary Kemp (1890-1915); Herman Lehman (1882-1974); Roxie Hann Swain (1858-1942)
- Cutbacks and/or improvements on the Erie Railroad--two articles, two interpretations (1904)
- Andover gets a new post office (1913)
- Peet, Bassett purchase the Whitesville News (1913)
- Cuba Lake: Debate about its outlets (1904)
- Henry S. Norton (1815-1904) - a county pioneer
- Allegany County's first murder among settlers, in 1803
- Andover Free Library opens in 1913 (includes library history)
- Bakers Bridge Biennial Trash & Treasures Sale is Saturday, August 20
- Oil Skirmish on the Reese farm in Scio in 1904
- Obituary for former U.S. Congressman David P. Richardson, of Angelica, who died in 1904.
- Bulk-tainers of Andover NY
- Old Building at 25 Main Street, Andover, Torn Down - A little history of the building.