Here you will find our latest website changes and releases. Check daily!
"About Us" - Our Staff & Hours --- WE ARE NOW OPEN THURSDAY 10-4PM AND SATURDAY (September thru June) 10-2PM. NOTE: Because we are dependent on Volunteers to "man the deck" during these open hours, it sometimes is necessary because of illness, weather, etc., that we have to close unexpectedly. Especially if you are traveling a distance to visit us, PLEASE CALL THE OFFICE TO BE SURE WE WILL BE "ON DUTY". Contact: Ron Taylor - 585-610-8668
Most Recently Published Items........
(Click on bold text for pop-up with additional information.)
The Story of Mitchell S. Blair - By Richard F. Palmer; (Note: Very little has been written about this man who played a very important role in the development and operation of the early railroads that later formed the Pittsburg, Shawmut & Northern. This article is an effort to give Mitchell S. Blair his rightful place in the history of this enterprise).
- Thelma Rogers Genealogical & Historical Society September Newsletter
- SUMMER NEWSLETTER - Bakers Bridge Historical Association, August Edition
- "Recollections of the Shawmut" - Story from 1937 Bolivar Breeze Article quoting memories of the 1890s
- Interesting RR Book by Richard Palmer: "A Moment in Railroad History: Theodore Roosevelt’s Presidential Special to Chautauqua, NY in 1905" Published by the Sayre Historical Society, Sayre PA.
- An oyster supper for the Scio Cornet Band took an unexpected turn in 1877. Contributed by Craig Braack.