TPL_BEEZ2_NAV_VIEW_SEARCH

TPL_BEEZ2_NAVIGATION

TPL_BEEZ2_SEARCH

 

 

Research Shared by Richard Palmer
 
The Klipknockie Railroad Company -  Incorporated  December 6th, 1899, in New York to construct and operate a standard-gauge railroad from a connection with the PS&N at or near Center Station in Birdsall Township east to the Klipknockie Quarry in Almond Township, a distance of about 7 miles.  The Klipknockie Railroad Company (KRR) was organized by the same interests which owned and controlled The Pittsburg, Shawmut & Northern Railroad Company (PS&N). The route was certified by the New York State Board of Railroad Commissioners on  June 6th, 1900.  The KRR would have given the PS&N an on-line source of high-quality stone and rip-rap.  Ultimately the PS&N was unable to justify the expense of building the KRR given the commercial traffic available.  The Klipknockie Railroad Company’s charter was permitted to lapse in the year ended June 30th, 1907.

 New York Times, Dec. 7, 1899

Klipknockie Railroad.

To Run Seven Miles from the Quarry in Allegany County. 

Albany, Dec. 6. - The Klipknockie Railroad Company was incorporated today, with a capital stock of $100,000, to operate a steam railroad line of standard gauge from a point on the line of the Pittsburg, Shawmut and Norther Railroad Company, at Centre Station, Birdsall, Allegany County, a distance of seven miles. The principal office will be in New York City.
The Directors are Frederick Mollenhauer, George S. Bixby, C. Walter Artz, Henry F. Granger, Simon M. Ayers, S. Hanford Ayers, F.J. Ficker, Guy Wellman, and George B. Shepherd of New York City.
 

 

 

 

TPL_BEEZ2_ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION