GRANGER (1839): First named West Grove when formed from Grove in April 13, 1838. Later it was renamed Granger in the honor of Francis Granger of Canandaigua, Postmaster General of the U.S. on March 6, 1839. Also in the township is the hamlet of Short Tract, named after the early settler, William Short who purchased a large tract of land in the area.
The map below is from the 2004 edition roadmaps published by the Allegany County Department of Public Works.
Click here to view larger map.
Town of Granger officials:
|Supervisor||Tom Voss||10363 County Road 15, Fillmore NY 14735||585-567-4522
|Deputy Supervisor||Calvin Carmer||10515 County Road 15, Fillmore NY 14735||585-567-8317|
|Town Clerk||Deb White||10305 County Road 15, Fillmore NY 14735||585-207-1394 h
|Deputy Clerk||Dawn Barney||5507 County Road 4, Fillmore NY 14735||585-567-8483|
|Highway Superintenden||Kevin Slack||10275 County Road 15, Fillmore NY 14735||585-567-8764|
|Historian||Terry Voss||10192 County Road 15, Fillmore NY 14735||585-567-8501|
|Code Enforcement||John Clouse||PO Box 336, Angelica NY 14709||585-466-7763|
|Dog Control Officer||Keith Hennard||5518 Crotty Road, Fillmore NY 14753||585-689-1294|
|Assessor||Duane Aylor||10044 Old State Road, Dalton NY 14836||585-567-4767|
|Attorney||David Pullen||PO Box 182, Fillmore NY 14735||585-567-2222
|Cemetery Assoc. Chair||Calvin Carmer||10515 County Road 15, Fillmore NY 14735||585-567-8317|
|Councilman||Calvin Carmer||10515 County Road 15, Fillmore NY 14735||585-567-8317|
|Councilman||Zebulin Beardsley||5276 Hall Road, Fillmore NY 14735||585-567-8299 h|
|Councilman||Justin Bennett||10948 Short Tract Road, Hunt NY 14846||585-721-0109 c|
|Councilman||Joshua James||10299 County Road 15, Fillmore, NY 14735||585-567-2361|
BIOGRAPHIES OF GRANGER PEOPLE: Many summary Biographies have been offered including the following surnames-- ATHERTON, ATWOOD, ALBEE, BALDWIN, BENNETT, COLLISTER, COOPER, CROTTY, DOANE, FULLER, HOLADY, KINGSBURY, MOSES, PARKER, PHINNEY, PITT, REYNOLDS, SEEKINS, SMITH, SNYDER, SMITH, STOCKWELL, TADDER, TUTTLE, VAN NOSTRAND, WEAVER, WOODRUFF & YAGER. These were taken from History of Allegany County, N.Y., 1806 - 1879, F. W. Beers & Company. Go to BIOGRAPHIES and choose alpha listing of surname.