Wilson Academy was founded by Colonel William Wilson and chartered June 12, 1881. The building was used from 1885 to 1897 as a private school. June 28, 1897 it became a public High School. the building was used until 1909. It is currently a private residence, much the way it started out. Colonel Wilson's portrait hangs in the Angelica Free Library.
Story & photo by Bob Dorsey