WILSONIAN HIGH SCHOOL:
In 1906, the Charles Hotel, which had been located on the north side of Park Circle burned. Plans to locate a new high school on that property soon developed and in 1909 Wilsonian High School opened replacing Wilson Academy and Angelica Primary School. A gymnasium was added to the school along with six classes rooms in 1929. In 1944 sixteen school districts were combined and the Angelica Central School was organized. A temporary addition was built in 1952. It included a cafeteria, home economics room and a shop. The temporary addition and the gymnasium remain today and have been used for various purposes.
Story & photo by Bob Dorsey