The current building of Belmont Library aka/ Ward Hall
We would welcome an article about the History of this building to accompany the photo below taken from the files of Allegany County Historian. Caption below the photo is from Craig Braack.
"Here's a nice shot of the Belmont Library, correctly called then "Ward
Hall," from about 1900. The item of interest is the Civil War "souvenir"
cannon. No doubt given up by the G.A.R. post for the Great War or more
likely, by the Belmont Legion Post for the scrap drives of WW II. The photo
is about 5 x 7 inches with a note on the reverse saying: Photo by C. H.
Munson. Regards, crb."