Caneadea -"Scenes from the Past"
The Caneadea Gorge is in the western portion of the township. At one time sections of the gorge were valuable for the mining of sandstone.
In the early 1900's the B&S Railroad erected a high steel bridge across the gorge. However, the railroad only lasted for a few years. The bridge was later sold to a Netherland Country. It was demolished and sent by ship across the Atlantic in the early 40's. On the way the freighter met with a German UBoat and now the frieghter and the bridge rest on the Atlantic floor.
The Gorge Today
A Piece of shale found at the gorge. Resembles map of United States