Philip S. Green, wagon maker and farmer, was born in Almond, in 1818. His father’s family came to Alfred the same year. In 1844 he married Miss Olivia Place, of Andover. They belong to the Seventh-Day Baptist Church. Mr. Green has filled many official positions, among them those of town clerk, justice of sessions, and justice of the peace. The last named office he held for twenty-four years.