Holady, Harlon; farmer and owner of one hundred and thirty-seven and a half acres of land, was born in Le Roy, N.Y., October 5th, 1818, and came to Granger from that place, with his parents, in 1826. They took up fifty acres of land on Oak Hill, and built a log house and a frame barn, which was the first of the kind in that part of the county. His father also helped to build the first log school-house. January 4th, 1846, Mr. Harlon Holady was married to Mary J. Hatch. In 1853, he went to California and engaged in mining, but his wife’s death in 1854 caused his return home. Two years later he was married a second time, to Miss Mary A. Cole, whose father, Thomas Cole, was also an early settler in the county.