Wilson, George S.
George S. WILSON, son of Clark, was born in Groton, N.Y., Oct. 22, 1818. He came to Wellsville in 1852, engaged in lumbering and built a shinglemill on Brimmer Brook. In 1857 he located about five miles south of Allentown, buying a sawmill on Centre book, which he converted into a steammill and ran until 1892. He bought the Central House, Allentown, which he conducts, in 1893. He was the first Republican elected supervisor of Alma serving three terms. He has held most of the town offices, been justice many years, and often a delegate to county and other conventions.